As it stands now, since we went to 2.4.23pre kernel, alsa drivers don't build. That's kinda okay since we don't ship an alsa-driver RPM, and the alsa CVS builds fine, so by the time 9.2 is out, so will the next alsa, and everyone will be happy.

As for the M-Audio Quattro USB sound interface that I paid so greatly for, it still doesn't work with our mega-patched alsa. I built alsa-driver from cvs tonight and replaced ONLY the snd-usb-audio.o module from our 4mdk kernel. After a depmod, all works fine, so it's that module and nothing else that's causing the lockups. It would be nice if it was fixed for 9.2 but it's truly way beyond me. I only have a light understanding of C, and know nothing of kernel programming.

Anyway, I hope that helps a bit.
Austin

--
                       Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
            Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant