I'm running an Asus A7N8X Deluxe (333) with an IBM disk. My machine
sometimes locks up, mostly after running for a few days. The lockup leaves
the the caps and scroll lock lights on on the keyboard.

Also, the disk regularly gets reset, resulting in very conservative IDE
settings (dma turned off, etc). I've discussed this with Thomas back in
July, his -tmb kernels were more stable than the mandrake kernels at that
time.

I'll try the mem=nopentium option.

regards,

Stefan