Abel Cheung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> (gc, seems my previous mail failed to deliver to you and cooker,
>  will try once more)
>

> On 2003-09-02(Tue) 14:32:54 +0200, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
>
> > Sigc1.0 is not %mklibname'd, and I'm contacting you for double
> > checking my work on it. I've put the package here:
> >
> > http://peoples.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/pkgs/sigc/
> >
> > Please can you double-check with me that I'm not breaking again
> > something. It's parallel installable on my machine at least :).
>
> Yup, they definitely should be parallel installable, otherwise there's
> no point in adding version to library names :-)

Yes. Have you tried them on your cooker?

> > sigc1.0: mklibname'd
> > sigc1.2: s/libsigc/libsigc++/ so that's it's more orthogonal with
> >          sigc1.0
>
> I've made that change (libsigc++ -> libsigc) just because it can reflect
> the original library name (libsigc-1.2.so.5). If this is undesirable,
> it can be reverted back....

I don't know if it's desirable :). You didn't specify why you
changed it in the changelog (or I missed it) and the name of the
project is libsigc++ (that can be read all over libsigc.sf.net),
just that the sourceforge name is libsigc for unix name
simplicity I guess. I think it would be better with libsigc++,
no?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/