On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 09:05:53AM +0200, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> I explained. If encoded RPATH concerned X11 libs, update their aclocal.m4
> (LIBTOOL) with bits from system's to add x11 libs in skip list.

You said it should be possible.  How about providing the "bits" (as you
put it) to do just that.  I'm not terribly familiar with autoconf and
libtool.  You apparently are.  Rather than me spending hours trying to
figure out how to fix things from your vague direction, why don't you
just show me an example.  Or even hell point me at some documentation
that has a reasonable example.

> elf32 binaries.

It's funny that you assume we know that since I can't find a shred of
documentation that comes with the package that mentions that...

After a little bit of digging it looks like Debian has run into this
issue:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/chrpath/chrpath_0.10-2.diff.gz

Looks like Debian has patched chrpath to work fine on elf64...

I don't have a 64-bit machine that Mandrake will run on.  I don't mind
fixing things for 64-bit.  Rather than sending nasty grams assuming we
know what issues apply to 64-bit archs that most of us don't have access
to...  It'd be useful if you were a little more diplomatic about it.  Or
hell even better, why don't you just fix chrpath as Debian did to work
right on 64-bit archs?

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can
no longer believe you." -- Nietzsche