On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:39:48 +0100
Adam Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I found 3rd party drivers for my ATI 9600 Pro that appear to
> > work.The ones out of the RC1 (or 9.1) distro did not - simply didn't
> > even load X, even though it did recognize the card as some form of
> > Radeon. http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html,get
> > the glx1_linux_X4.3.zip package. Those worked.
>
> They're not third party; they're written by ATI's German branch.
> Unsupported, though, I think.

Also worth noting is the fact that the ATI 9600/9800 are not
supported by XFree-4.3 so this is not a Mandrake issue.

They will work in a stock mdk installation if the vesa driver is used.
For mdk versions earlier than the 9.2 beta vga must also be set to
vga=normal

    Charles

--
'And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better,
and no-one doesn't get burned who sticks their hand in a fire.'