Hi

rsynced via ftp.sunet.se with VERSION:
Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20030904 10:22
/ChangeLog/1.830/Wed Sep  3 17:13:20 2003//

lang: en_US + sv -> UTF8

Package selection, took everything for workstation plus firewall => 2026 MB
when asking for 'individual package selection' + next it shows = 1836 MB
When I go backwards and immediately then forward I get = 2041 MB.
This might indicate that some 'buffer' has reached its limit???

No XFree86-100dpi-fonts to be delivered by default, is that a Mdk special
decission?

Was not allowed to install:
drakconf
kdebase
kdegraphics
kdenetworks
kwintv
libkdepim2
libkdeutils-devel
koffice-devel
libkdepim2-devel
libkdeutils-devel
prelude

Before 'Summary' the picture is double, has been since years AFAIK.

New ntp servers but impossible to know for a newbie.

Printer HP 710C identified for HP 712C when asking for drivers.
Test page tiled to the left by 1 mm meassured at top.

LAN, by DHCP from Mdk 9.0, and used autodetect + expert, gave Pelles in
zeroconf, but still have a fine 'localhost'.

In FirstTimeWizard there was no KMail only evolution and mozilla, is this a
Mdk decission.

Booted first with nv and had no cdrom icon on my desktop and no KDE packages
for example koffice, is that a Mdk decission. Killed x-server and installed
all KDE packages and NVIDIA drivers.

Used kappfinder to add 59 packages to a stupified Mdk menu structure.
Interesting decissions you have at Mdk.

regards
guran
--
Mandrake Linux Cooker 9.2, KDE, kernel-2.4.22.4mdk-1-1mdk, Version:20030904
10:22

Only in a society that has 'a priori' defined what is the truth
can the result from the evolution of life be defined false.