Hi all again!

I am wondering how difficult it would be to add an audio system section to the
Mandrake Control Center. It would:

* Allow the user to elect OSS or ALSA as the default (configuring the correct
module settings)
* Automatic creation of asoundrc
* Allow the user to specify how the sound card(s) features are used
(2,4,5,6-channel operation, digital i/o, etc.)
* Allow the user to use an audio-optimized kernel. Say by adding a linux-audio
or linux-multimedia <bootloader of your choice> entry
* Provide configuration of JACK for the machine's ALSA configuration, auto
start up of JACK.
* Auto-configuration of audio applications to use JACK, ALSA, OSS, or
whatever.

How hard would it be to do this? I think it would be very useful for anyone
interested in using audio applications on a Mandrake machine, and it seems
that it's just a matter of making sure the right packages are installed, and
writing to a bunch of config files...

Cheers!
Paul.