Trey Sizemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I had my SB Live! 5.1 SoundBlaster PCI card working under MDK 9.2
> Beta 2, but cannot seem to get it working under RC1.  I changed the
> driver from Audigy to emu10k1 and make sure that neither aumix or
> kmix were muted.  Any other ideas or is this perhaps a bug?  Did not
> see one listed in my search at qu.mandrakesoft.com.

classic bug sound tester:

"lspcidrake -v | fgrep AUDIO" will tell you which driver your card use
by default (and if your card is detected)

"grep sound-slot /etc/modules.conf" will tell you what driver it
currently uses

"/sbin/lsmod" will enable you to check if its module (driver) is
loaded or not

"/sbin/chkconfig --list sound" and "/sbin/chkconfig --list alsa" will
tell you if sound and alsa services're configured to be run on
initlevel 3

"aumix -q" will tell you if the sound volume is muted or not

"/sbin/fuser -v /dev/dsp" will tell which program uses the sound card.