Benjamin Pflugmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Yesterday "moderated" a test install of RC1 on a friend's computer (he
> is a Windows advanced, but a Linux novice) to verify whether some
> problems he had with 9.1 still exist (they never occured on my
> computer).
>
> The good news is, the old problems network cards seem already fixed.
>

> I wondered about the X11 test screen. It was simply grey with the
> dialog asking whether it is okay. My friend complained that he could
> not judge whether it was okay, because it had only a plain color. He
> expected some test image or such (his flat panel has the misfeature of
> sometimes shifting part of the screen out of the display).
>
> So... if it isn't already planned, can we have some test image? Even
> if it consist only of some simple lines and colors, so that one can
> judge whether the whole screen is shown and has correct properties?

There is one. It used to use qiv to be displayed, so didn t show
for very small installs, but since gtk2 it uses gdk IIRC. If ppl
don t see it I guess there s a bug there.

It uses

  /usr/share/mdk/xfdrake/xfdrake-test-card.jpg

which is a sort of hicolor rainbow.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/