when you compile VMWARE it does a check btween the version of the kernel
you are running  version 2.4.22-6mdk-i686-up-4GB
and /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h if I remember correctly.

Simply change the version.h to match your runnign kernel description

BErnard

--
A basket of grass,

Digital Objects Ltd

Internet security / Web hosting & design / Web enabled applications

PO Box 60510, Titirangi
Waitakere City

Phone: 0800 LETS DOIT (538736)
Fax: +64 9 8128 368