> I guess what I don't like about these things is that they're
> deviations from standard package building practices and the standard
> version of RPM.  Mandrake and Red Hat can compete in areas like
> installation and the user interface, but I think cooperation is
> important in the area of software packaging.

When I ran Red Hat, I occasionally used Mandrake SRPMS to compile something
that wasn't readily on RHAT or was an older version, and I rarely ran into
problems.  They're compatible as far as I've seen.

'course the point is moot now, since I run Mandrake.  ;)

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://defiance.dyndns.org / http://radio.scenespot.org/