On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 05:27:06PM +0200, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Keld Jørn Simonsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have tried to remove some packages with rpmdrake, but I do not succeed.
> > Rpmdrake simply does not find the installed packages. This is RC2.
>
> What do you mean? Works for me..

Did some other removals, and it looked like it works, yes.
I just had the same problem with removal in rpmdrake for two different packages,
so I thought it was rpmdrake, but I dont think so any longer.
Or maybe it is not a general error, but only in specific instances.

I was trying to remove vsftpd, but it did not show up as removable in
rpmdrake- searching for package vsftpd. I also saw that I could activate it as a
service, so it
was installed. I would like to remove it as the anon ftp did not work
out of the box, and looking at the vsftpd configuration file I could not
see a place to configure it out of the problems. Hmm, maybe it was a
firewall problem, will test...

But I could not remove vsftpd and furthermore vsftpd showed up as an
"other service" under postinstallation of services,
I think it would be better characterized as an "internet service".

Best regards
Keld