Hello,

For the final Mandrake release could you not split the torrents
(http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/torrent/ ) up by CD (and md5sum)? Instead
package them as one.

Here is the rationale behind my request. Firstly, it means that
availability of each of the three CDs will be broadly equal since in
order to get any of them you will have to get (and share) all of them.
It also helps that you can now easily set the download everything
"serially" without swamping your connection any more than a single
BitTorrent would. Finally many people often have a bad experience when
using Mandrake for the first time because they do not have all three CDs
from which to choose packages from. Packaging everything together
encourages more people to download the full set.

I ran the first Mandrake 9.1 tracker and found people are willing to
download all three CDs in one big lump. Since BitTorrent can resume (and
verify), it is no problem if you have to stop and restart at a later
point which helps with such a long download.