On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Civileme wrote:

> Yes, postings get read, by you by me, by people really contributing software as
> well as testing it, and by real Mandrakesoft employees as well.
In Germany we call this a "rhetorical question" of which an answer
is actually obvious or doesn't need to be given. ;-)

> However, postings about needs for help--not bugs with new packages, get a heck
> of a lot better response on the "expert" list.  This list is about debugging
> new software, mostly, and there are many here too polite to point out that
> finding a package or getting install help is a bit off-topic.

>From linux-mandrake.com:
"[EMAIL PROTECTED] is used to test the cooker of the new
distribution and to report and discuss any bug and feature of the next
Linux-Mandrake"

I wanted to "discuss" a "feature" of the next Linux-Mandrake.
Therefore it doesn't seem to be the completely wrong list.
But this thread (and this posting ;-) ) is gonna be off-topic so I
will shut up immediately.

> Please do join the expert list and ask the same questions there.  I believe you
> will find the response friendly and helpful.
>
> But on none of these lists does anyone have a right to an answer.  If you ask a
> question I cannot answer and I have time to do the research and I am in the
> mood to learn something new, I may expend a lot of effort.  OTOH if it is
> something where I have never worked before and I would have to learn a whole
> new body of knowledge (like configuring Squid when I don't even write HTML, for
> example), chances are I will pass your question by.
>
> Also I don't like to give sharp replies, say 'Read The Fine Material available',
> or point out the obvious.  There are plenty of people to do that.

Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation
of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.
Das Verschicken unverlangter kommerzieller email an diese Adresse ist
verboten (LG Traunstein, 2 HK O 3755/97 vom 14.10.1997, CR 1998, 171f).

(Frank Meurer, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, PGP ID: 0x5E756DA8)