On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:31:48PM +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 21:54, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Just checking the wiki and final is planned for 22 Sep.
> > > Is Mandrakesoft sticking to this date or will we have the honor of a RC3
> > > to make sure nothing got screwed by fixes for RC2?
> > >
> > > I was pleased by RC2 (at least on the dual box I installed it on) but I
> > > was just wondering if it would be wiser to issue a RC3 and postponed
> > > final to the end of September?
> > >
> > > Looking forward to final anyway.
> >
> > if you ask cooker , i think the answer is "We need a RC3"
> > but Mandrakesoft ?
>
> You think? I see no need for one.

An important infrastructure item as getting updates does not work at
this time. I think that should work before shipping the final version.
If not the mechanism to correct errors is not working, at least not as
intended here - you can ofcause do it later on, but then that is not
tested, and not as automatic as what we have in the installation.

Best regards
Keld