John Keller wrote:

> David Walser wrote:
>> Buchan Milne wrote:

> this
>> > America.  If
>> >
>> > # urpmi rpmsync
>> > ?
>>
>> Yes, please people, use the rpmsync package that's in contrib.  People are
>> still grabbing cooksync off my webserver because the link is still in the
>> wiki.  It should be referring to the rpmsync package now.
>
> I've removed the reference that I found and replaced it with a note about
> rpmsync:
> http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/CookerHowTo#From_a_Local_Mirror

good

> I'm afraid I don't know anything about this utility, or even if it's
> mentioned in the right spot on the page. If you or anyone else would like to
> add anything particular about it (instructions, whatever), just let me know.

What did it used to say?  rpmsync is just cooksync (the old link) with command-line
argument support.

It shouldn't say "Use fmirror or rsync to create a local mirror and keep it up to
date."  Certainly it doesn't make a difference how you create the mirror (although
rpmsync can handle that too), but definitely rpmsync should be used to keep it up to
date.  The default settings in the script have it set to sync from uninett, and
there's a README that comes with the package explaning how to set it up for Cooker (in
which case you'd only need to change the remote mirror possibly and the local path).