"Steven J Mackenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks Guillaume,
>
> > > Is it possible to split the "extra"  RPMS in to a seperate directory to
> make
> > > it easier to build my CDs?
>
> > We cannot do this; because it would revert to the problem we had the last
> > 15 days, the FTP install will hang waiting for you to "change the media"..
>
> Can't the installer be tweaked to look for an "RPMS2" directory before it
> prompts for new media?

Actually it does. I was wrong. The FTP install hang was another bug (DrakX
looks for the RPM's before prompting for the new media).

> > . split the rpm's in two separate directories; use the "rpmslist" file for
> >   that.
>
> How does the rpmslist file help me?

uh. i thought warly had put in the rpmslist* files all the rpm's that go
on the first/second/etc CD's.

Was wrong again. (Now pixel can laugh)

> While I was looking for the rpmslist file I found this link
> http://www.mandrake.com/drakx/README
> which has the instructions for making updates CDs ... with the graphical
> installer, which I was just about to ask.
>
> But I can't find any mention of what the directory structure of the 2nd CD
> is. Can someone post that for me?

./Mandrake/RPMS2 with all the RPM's

./SRPMS with all the SRPM's (not mandatory to have the installer work!)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau