Vincent Danen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu Sep 25, 2003 at 08:44:30PM +0200, Han Boetes wrote:
> > Can't we dump wu-ftpd? I mean there are lots of more secure
> > alternatives and this daemon still has regular exploits.
>
> wu-ftpd is only in contribs

Ok, that's in the good direction. Lets take it a step further. :)

I mean someone gets a 9.1 cd, installs wu-ftpd and forgets to run updates. You
can predict that by the time 9.2 is released a working exploit has been found.

You can nearly be sure that any contrib cd will contain a package that will
result in remote root exploits if you install them a half year after the release
date.

You can't be sure about that for any other rpm.

I say lets dump wu-ftpd completely from the distro. I don't want to make it too
easy for users to shoot themselves in the foot.

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html