Le Dimanche 28 Septembre 2003 13:23, guran a écrit :

> I will discuss drakconnect and my perceptions.
I have a similar perception...

The architecture of drakconnect must be rebuilt.
I wish an extensive use of profiles. Examples:
home
        eth0            adsl            firewall on             10.0.0.10
        eth1            lan             firewall off            192.168.33.1
internet-routed
demo1
        usb             adsl            firewall on
        eth0            unused
        eth1            lan             firewall off            dhcp
demo2
        modem56k                firewall on
        eth0            lan             firewall off            192.168.0.2
        eth1            unused

Each configuration is built on the name of the profile.
The firewall on internet is different from the firewall on LAN.
The IP addresses can change with the profile, the rules for the firewall too.

It would be better to ask for a profile, an interface and ask what do you want
to do with it ?

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/