Thanks to drakauth we can easily change auth method and even specify
auth method during installation. So setting a client is easy. This is
possible because PAM give use flexibility.

Now the remaining part is is sever. We need a wizard that allow us to
set a LDAP/NFS/SMB server very easily.
You can do several things :

1°/ user management.
- you can just migrate previously created user in /etc/passwd thanks to
userdrake
- you can set LDAP auth and then create user in userdrake ( need
reliable LDAP support )
Userdrake should be the preferred way to manage users in LDAP.

2°/ server configuration :
Now, when you want to set up a LDAP server you have several manipulation
to do ( http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth2.php ). This
wizard should do all necessary steps ( ACL, ask for users migration from
/etc/passwd, ... ) and just ask for needed information.

3°/ directory export ( NFS/SMB ).
we can easily set remotes share thanks to diskdrake, but we don't have
the server part.
select directory to export, set ACL ( options, authorized hosts ). As we
may want to set different options for each share, the wizard should
first show actuals share ( directory protocol ), if you double click you
can see the options ( export options, authorized hosts ). Thanks to an
"add Share" button, you can add a share. First you select the directory,
then you select the protocol ( SMB and/or NFS ), depending on your
selection you can select some options ( defaults ones should good ),
then you select which hosts are authorized.

4°/ LDAP/Samba server ( optional )

Now samba 3 is out, it's time to push out all these NT4/2000 server
using the duo LDAP/Samba to authenticate windows clients. In the wizard
this should be just a matter of select an option ( set LDAP/Samba server
for windows clients )

4°/ mail server + LDAP

we could centralise also some settings in LDAP. The same for Squid is
possible, etc ...

This tool is part of my reflexion about mandrake usage in big network
environment, as prime class server.

---
Les Francais ne parlent presque jamais de leurs femmes; c'est qu'ils ont
peur d'en parler devant des gens qui les connaissent mieux qu'eux.
Montesquieu