This is my first time posting to this mailing list, so please bear with me.  I
recently installed Mandrake 9.2rc2, and now my internet sharing that worked fine in
9.1 does not work in 9.2rc2.  My firewall does not appear to be the problem.  When I
do 'service network restart' I get the following output:

Shutting down interface eth0:                                   [  OK  ]
Shutting down interface eth1:                                   [  OK  ]
Shutting down interface ppp0:                                   [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface:                               [  OK  ]
Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding:                               [FAILED]
Setting network parameters:                                     [FAILED]
Bringing up loopback interface:                                 [  OK  ]
/etc/init.d/network: line 281: 22430 Bus error               (core dumped) sysctl -n
-w kernel.hotplug="/bin/true" >/dev/null 2>&1
Bringing up interface eth0:                                     [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth1:                                     [  OK  ]
/etc/init.d/network: line 281: 22578 Bus error               (core dumped) sysctl -n
-w kernel.hotplug=$oldhotplug >/dev/null 2>&1

In /etc/sysconfig/network I have:

HOSTNAME=host
NETWORKING=yes
DOMAINNAME=domain
FORWARD_IPV4=yes

Is there another place in 9.2rc2 that I have enable IPv4 fowarding?  I don't use the
DrakGateway to set up internet sharing because shorewall shuts down my entire network.
 Any help with this (or an assurance that it is a recognized bug and will be fixed)
would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much,
     alison

http://www.TheDarkTower.net
THE Source For Fans of Stephen King's Dark Tower