Gwenole Beauchesne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> > Error scenario: when doing a network install, on recent
> > machines, the network card seems to not respond (no DHCP answer
> > received for > example)
> > Why: problem with APIC
> > Solution: type F1 then "linux noapic" when booting
>
> BTW, I saw that occuring on some instances of nvidia|via based
> motherboards. It is currently workarounded on AMD64 with
>
> disabling APIC there by default.
>
> Could you please precise the type of those "recent machines"? On
> plain x86, it should be even easier to blacklist those.

Happened for me with an Asus Terminator K7 DDR[1] which has an
ASUS A7S motherboard owning a SiS 740 chipset (I think).

How should I provide identification information?

Ref:
[1] http://www.asus.com/products/desktop/termk7_ddr/overview.htm

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/