Le Mercredi 8 Octobre 2003 09:18, Vedran Ljubovic a écrit :

I mostly agree wtih your ideas.

>  - Packages have cryptic names
>       kde-konqueror-3.1.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
> That's just scary. A typical Windows user would never
> install anything having a name like that.
>
>  - Descriptions are too technical

That's true. This is _now_ the main difficulty for newcomers and the newbies.

These last days, I have shown to 4 women (40-50 years old) how to install
Mandrake and how to use it. They were not together.
They understand everything including partitioning. Diskdrake is very good.
But they had a great problem with the packages. They don't understand what is
the use of each package and are not able to do a choice.

The idea can be achieved with a status, ie: