try calling @home service.  they can direct you to their website which "shows"
your current ip#/gateway #/dns #'s.  once you get these, use netconf (or
linuxconf > netconf) and enter the #'s in directly.  for you email address smp
#'s etc...use actual "numbers #" and not "$mail" (or characters).

the above is how i do mine. somewhat difficult the first 1 or 2 times but is
easy after you learn it.  also, remeber to restart the network
(linuxconf/netconf does this automatically) after you make changes.

dunno about dhcp or bootp...tried dhcp and didn't work.

think cox also has a "howto" page on the @home and linux/unix (or it maybe
titled other o/s's...dunno)...you should find it in support > how to setup
@home (and maybe "advanced setup"...etc)