> Hi I saw that you had a mandrake-linux mail address and that you made that
> horrible mistake to just show a little bit of interest in our little
> project. So here is the punishment ;) some small

[to Cookers : Matthias Eriksson is the co-author of gtk+-licq ]

questions.

ok no problem ;) i'm CC-ing this to the cooker-list.

> I have just installed Mandrake 7.1 on my computer (or I upgraded and you
> must realy do something about the time... 15 hours...) and I like the
> Automated menues. Is there anyting special we must do to take advantage of
> those (we would like to have a menu option for Licq with Gtk, to make it
> easy for the newbees...)

this is a problem with licq itself IMHO, because the command line is "licq"
and you use -p to specify the plugin. however, there is only one licq
binary, but multiple plugins. one "quick hack" would be to do a menu entry
for the Qt plugin, and one for the Gtk plugin. this, however, still does not
solve the problem since you have other plugins which can be run concurrentl
with an UI plugin (e.g. autoreply ...etc.) so, adding a menu entry with say,

licq -p qt-gui

or licq -p gtk_gui

is not a good idea since that destroys the list of the "last run" plugins
which _may_ include the autoreply plugins, etc.

> And the second quiestion that's obvious. Would you be intrested in helping
> us to make Mandrake compatible rpm's.

acutally they are included in the main distribution, see:

http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/mandrake/7.1/Mandrake/RPMS2/licq-gtk-0.38.1-9m
dk.i586.html

the one above is for the main distribution, if you want the latest one you
can download one from "cooker":

http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/mandrakecooker/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS/licq-gtk-0
.38.1-11mdk.i586.html

so now you can show off to your friends ;)

 My computer with Mandrake is not
> hooked up to the net. And our development boxes are debian...

for debian it is easy since ./configure puts stuff in /usr/local by default
anyway ;)