On 12. October 2003 at 19:45, Bjarne Thomsen wrote:

> Maybe somebody on this list could help me
> finding a better place to put 'athcool off'?

hm, as can i see there is no option for kernel for disable this feature.

if you want disable this as soon as possible during startup, recompile
athcool as static binary and put it into initrd (gunzip, mount -o loop
..) for your kernel and call athcool binnary from begin of rc script.

p.s.: thanks for great tip how decrease temperature of my brand new
athlon/burton cpu :)
i have 'msi kt6b delta fisr' and it works great, without sound card
and hdd performance problems.

--
member of Advanced InternetWorks group  -> http://www.ainetworks.sk
professional home page                  -> http://tibor.pittich.sk