Brook Humphrey wrote:
> You know I dont really care about this to much but something is
disturbing. I
> have been on cooker since right after mandrake 5.3 linger than maybe even
> some mandrake employees. I have not had as much time over the last
year or so
> to contribute packages but I have in the past to which I find others take
> over and somehow my name gets removed from the changelog. Thats ok
also as
> sometimes my business takes up allot of time and things get busy for me.
>

> But recently I took the time to upload some packages to incomming.

Uploading to incoming doesn't guarantee anyone is going to look at it,
since only Mandrakesoft employees can look there, and AFAIK only Lenny does.

There are probably at least 20 non-Mandrakesoft people on this list who
have commit rights to contrib, so it is more worthwhile making sure
people on this list can access your packages (if they are new or
unmaintained by others).

> I fixed
> some that were broken and added a new one. Now I know for a fact that
I did
> this before I told oden about the break in maildrop which I sent him an
> updated spec for. My packages have still not been added to contribs but
> maildrop has.

Because you made maildrop available to someone else who can upload
directly to contrib.

> If this is the case and I am no longer considered to be helpfull
around here
> this is a sad thing.

Don't jump to conclusions.

> I would rather not pack up and go to some other distro
> but I do help around here when I have the time and have been for years.
>
> Whats changed here?

Has something changed? Uploading to /incoming has always (as long as I
can remember ;-)) been hit-and-miss.

> The packages I have helped with are these:
> courier-imap: I did the first set which was put onto rpm-help this
included
> all the other little bits like maildrop and others that are part of the
> courier suite.

rpmmon says Oden is the maintainer. Usually you will have better success
mailing a spec file/patches to the maintainer than uploading to incoming.

> pure-ftpd: I submitted the first set of packages for this to contribs
and have
> since done a few updates to the package but my changes are completely
missing
> from the changelog. Like anonymous and anon-upload as well as adding
user and
> group info so it would work.

Currently it looks like Luarent Culioli is listed as maintainer.

> These are the main ones. but I have contributed to many of the others.
I'm
> kind of busy sometimes and I dont have as much time for this as some
of the
> new comers like Buchan and Oden but I have been helping. If my stuff
is not
> wanted thats fine I'll build it for myself and do my own repository alla
> texstar.

Why?

I think you are taking the wrong approach. Rather:

1)Bug lenny for an account on klama (so you can upload directly to
contrib yourself)
2)In the meantime, make your spec files available, for packages that are
already in contrib, mail the maintainer (assuming the maintainer has
upload rights to contrib).
3)Don't rely on something in /incoming ever being uploaded.

I don't think I have had anything I have uploaded to incoming ever see
the changelog list.

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202