On Wednesday 15 October 2003 12:41, Matthew D. Pitts wrote:
> Not all that strange, actually. Mandrake is trying to make
> money, so they have to provide some kind of incentive for
> people to buy the CD sets and PowerPacks. If the downlaod
> edition was exactly the same as what you bought in the store,
> would you buy it, or download it? I know which I would do.

I dunno, I usually download it, buy the powerpack, and then the
powerpack sits there shrinkwrapped because I've already
downloaded a copy of all of contrib and never find I need the
commercial stuff.  I still have a club membership and buy the
powerpacks... I suppose I might not be typical, but regardless,
kernel-sources doesn't seem like a real "ooh, i gotta go pay my
70 bucks right now" sort of item, it's more like an oversight.

Rob