> SvdE>I'm experiencing a number of issues / weirdness with rpm packages
> SvdE>lately.
> You aren't alone. :(
:-((

This has been going on for about a week now (one of the first packages
was the latest gnome-libs I beleive) and the number of packages affected
is at 69. Obviously mandrake is still building packages, I wonder if
their
build system is capable of rebuilding the src.rpm packages it created.

> SvdE>So... I'm wondering what is going on. Are these packages not
> SvdE>backwards compatible? (Even my system with the latest rpm-* packages
> SvdE>installed can't handle them).

> That's not problem of your rpm, since all those srpms have been built as binary
> rpms somehow. Note that usual build with rpm-3.0.[45] produces normal srpms.

Hmmm... This issue needs to be sorted ASAP... I'm wondering, how can I
help?

> SvdE>4) libtools like problem. Maybe this one is related to the make-install
> That's back side of new advanced %configure macros - not all scripts are
> compatible.
OK.

Regards,

Stefan