[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:
This is a big bummer and the waste of a morning...

I bought a fancy new machine (one of those E-Cube mini sytems... it's
very neat, and glows BLUE!).  I installed my freshly downloaded
powerpack, with XFS root and XFS home.

If you are going to use an XFS root, you need a /boot which is not XFS.
This has something to do with the compatablity SGI wants to keep with the
on-disk format used by Irix XFS, which is incompatible with what LILO
wants to put there on any partition containing a kernel you want to boot.

I was under the impression drakx warned you about this.

Well, my 9.1 system is completely xfs and lilo here has no problem in installing the bootloader on the mbr. Don't tell me that the lilo that comes with 9.2 cannot do that, it'd mean I cannot upgrade.

Bye
--
Que les importa a las viudas, a los huérfanos, a los desvalidos
si las masacres se hacen en nombre del totalitarismo o en el