Svetoslav Slavtchev wrote:
The new 9.2 contribs jpackage directory, specifically:

rsync rsync://ftp.sunet.se:873/Mandrake/9.2/contrib/jpackage/i586/

contains 415 noarch RPMs of the form:

adaptx-0.9.6-1jpp.noarch.rpm

placed there by the JPackage (David Walluck) project.

What is this JPackage project?

J[ava related] Packages :-)

How clever you are! (NOT!)

Does it have a web site and mailing lists?

have you tried http://jpackage.org ?

Yes - it appears that the new 9.2/contribs/jpackage tree is a list of some 415 available Java applications, which is a great idea!

But nowhere from MandrakeSoft do I see any indication whether 9.2 as installed includes Java support and if not what are the recommended RPMs to add Java support.

What is the modus operandum necessary for us to make use of appropriate ones of these RPMs to achieve Java operability in Mandrake 9.2?

Whats' it all about, please?

Is this directory a new medium (NOT ?media?! ugh!) for urpmi? If so, what do we install?

check the url

I suspect the answer should have been ¨Yes¨, but none of the jpackage RPMs include any summary text in their RPM, so how are we to know what each is and whether we might need it?

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
"If you keep a green bough in your heart, the singing bird will come"