Adrian Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi I just installed 9.2 and I have a few problems.

This is not a 9.2 support list.

> 1. I have a Logitech Quickcam for notebooks pro
>     and I've been using it since 9.1.  In 9.1 it recognized
>     it and used the pwc module.  I had to download the
>     pwcx module to get more FPS out if it and get gnomemeeting to work
>     so I tried to plug it in right now into 9.2 --- complete crash :(
>     It says its loading the pwc module then the snd-usb-audio module
>     b/c of the built in microphone but after that my laptop freezes
>     I can't ssh into to it or anything... :(  any ideas on what is going on?
>     or how I might be able to provide more information to mandrake b/c
>     I really do need my webcam working---talk to family and friends :-P

You should read the erratas. Your problem is described and there
is even a workaround available. However, this is still in Wiki
errata, which has only a small link at the end of the official
errata page, so you might have missed it.

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/Mandrake92

About pwcx.o, I've tried myself to insmod it (Philips D740
webcam), it failed because kernel used a different major gcc
version. One needs to hope that the happy owner of the
proprietary code might consider recompiling it. Could not find an
email address on pwcx.o official website though.

> 2. I'm not sure why this happened but I did a very minimal install the first
> time and then I installed loads of rpms once the system was running.
> Prior to installing the rpms I still had mandrake menus.  After that my system
> menu changed to something containing "Applications" "Development" etc...
> only like 4 or 5 folders in the menu with hardly anything in them.  It maybe
> had about 1 application or 2 per folder.  Nothing crazy... I just loaded up
> menudrake and took care of it but that might be something to look at.

One needs to relaunch "update-menus" as root when that happens.
There is a problem when rpm %post scripts call it, it seems.

Fred, do we address this problem with an errata or something?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/