On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:35:47PM +0200, Udo Rader wrote:
hi all,

one of our customers is interested in some kind of a terminal server a la
windows terminal server. in short this means running an entire
desktop on one central server but displaying the graphical output on some
other (remote) client.

You mean X, xdmcp? i tought this was granted on any Unix System, it has even been there before windows existed.

maybe we need XFdrake to be able to enable xdmcp back in kdm and gdm???

L.
P.S.
by hand in kdm you have to edit /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
and make sure you have
[Xdmcp]
Enable=true

for gdm i dunno

optionally remove all entries from /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers (if you don't
want/have a local display)

from a client just call
X -broadcast

and you are set.

L.

-- Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] Communication Media & Services S.r.l. /"\ \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN X AGAINST HTML MAIL / \