Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> With all the complaining about missing packages (i.e. kernel-source package)
> and the debate about what should have been left out instead (i.e. emacs or
> alternate kernels, etc.) I had a thought that might be helpful.
>
> Obviously, in order to make everybody happy, the number of images needs to be
> increased,  I was thinking that isos could be created for the base distro,
> say two, and then supplemental isos for gaming/eyecandy/mm stuff, development
> stuff, and then international/localizations packages.  That way I would not
> be forced to download four big images to get what I want, I could just
> download the base and the development image for instance, and skip the games
> and the localization disk.
>
> So I see 5 images, and maybe one or two are not completely full, but at least
> everything will be included.  WDYT?

I am convinced that this is the good way, giving more to people so
that they give back more to us. Unfortunately this model has not been
proven yet, and people are more easily convinced that given a less
complete download version could lead to more financial streams tower
other costing product.

A compromise would be to give those 2 base ISOs for free and let club
members have access to 3 more specific complementary ISOs.

--
Warly