> Le mar 21/10/2003 à 14:47, R N dev a écrit :
> > --- FACORAT Fabrice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > IMHO this patch should be integrated upstream (
> > > detect cdrom using
> > > supermount, unmount via /proc/fs/supermount/subfs,
> > > import old session
> > > and after restore settings )
> >
> > I'm not so expert to understand all that. But are
> > you suugesting that it would be integrated with
> > K3b
>
> yes, and this should be done by k3b team

there is indeed similar thread on k3b ml,
and Sebastian is working on it

> >  or something extern has to be done?
> > I mean (intgration case) I made the detection
> > of cd-r/rw device via supermount in K3b
> > (coded some check on fstab)
> > but how can i umount via "/proc/fs/supermount/subfs"
> > and where can i find this info?
>
> don't know. ask thomas ( tmb ) or bgmilne or danny

check  the readme for supermount
[kernel source]/Documentation/fs/supermount.txt
or
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=16857&group_id=79609

example:
echo "/dev/hdl disable release force" >  /proc/fs/supermount/subfs

from the
readme
        <devname> [disable|enable] [release [force]]

`disable' will disable subfs (i.e. any futher attempt to mount is rejected).
Subfs must be unmounted; use `disable release' or `disable release force' to
unmount and disable at the same time.

`enable' will enable disabled subfs, it has no effect if subfs is already
enabled.

`release' will unmount subfs unless it is busy (opencount > 0). To unmount
busy subfs add `force'; the effect is very much as if media change has been
detected (with the difference that subfs will be cleanly unmounted).

Some basic sanity checks are performed, i.e. it is impossible to specify
both `enable' and `disable' or `force' without
`release'.

could you send me the patch and i'll forward it to k3b's ml

svetljo