That's strange. I just installed my laptop 2 days ago with 7.1 and am
having no problems with postfix working. Can you give me some more
information on what you are seeing (If you still have any machines that
you haven't updated?). Also, do you see a difference between machines with
valid registered domain / host names and those without?

-Chris