On Saturday 25 October 2003 10:06 am, Warly wrote:
> Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Is there a simple HOWTO somewhere with the steps I need to walk through
> > to produce new Download Edition ISOs but with the updated RPMs in place
> > of the originals?
> >
> > Yes, I know it's slack to ask first and search afterwards but it's late
> > here and I'm tired and would want to fetch the RPMs ASAP and get this
> > done tomorrow.
>
> Maybe you can write this howto? :)
>
> Basically, 2 options.
>
> 1st one, create a complementary update CD based uppon existing download CDs
> which only contains the updated package.
>
> 2nd one, remaster the download edition including the updates.

I'll start a wiki page for this.  Hopefully as people try and work out the
step by step details, you can fill in the gaps.  I believe the technical term
for this is slipstreaming the updates into the original install disks.

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/SlipStreamUpdates

--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx