On Saturday, October 25, 2003 06:28 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> OK, well, it ovbiously looks like it's dying in some java/gcj/gij
> section. Unfortunately this stuff is a mission to work with (trust
> me, I rebuilt OO.o-1.0.1 for 8.2), since it depends on the features
> available in gcj etc etc and normally needs the latest features.
>
> Anyway, you will need to give a lot more detail on the system you are
> running this on for anyone to have a chance to help you.
>
> What Mandrake release is it?
> Do you have a jre installed?
> Do you have gcc-gcj installed? (and which version for those of us who
> can't remember what it was on the release you are running)
> Which 'java' binary is first in the path?
> Aare you compiling with any switches to rpm (ie --with <switch>)?
>
> Regards,
> Buchan

Speaking for myself (not the OP):

I'm building on 9.1 (KDE/qt, mozilla, and a few other packages rebuilt
from latest cooker SRPMs but the core system packages like rpm, gcc,
etc. are from original 9.1 CDs plus updates).

Sun's j2sdk-1.4.2-fcs installed (same results if not installed).

No package named gcc-gcj but I do have gcc-java-3.2.2-3mdk,
gcj-tools-3.2.2-3mdk,libgcj3-3.2.2-3mdk, and libgcj3-devel-3.2.2-3mdk
installed.

'which java' yields /usr/bin/java which points to
/usr/bin/gcj-java-3.2.2 through /etc/alternatives.

No switches, but spec file is modified as follows (lines 23-35) to avoid
building il8n packages:
%define languages1 "ENUS"
%define languages2 ""
%define languages3 ""
%define languages  "%{languages1},%{languages2},%{languages3}"

%define helplangs1 "ENUS"
%define helplangs2 ""
%define helplangs  "%{helplangs1},%{helplangs2}"

1.0x versions of OpenOffice rebuilt with no trouble at all. Something
changed in 1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arn