Hi,
I have few of hardware related problems with a dell latitude c640
1. I use a TEAC CD224E DVD drive with this.  I can see that drive is
properly recognized while booting.  But I don't have a /dev/dvd
created.  ( dmesg is attached.)

2. I do have a PCTEL 2304WT v.92 modem.  I can't see 9.2 recognizing
this as valid modem.  I'm trying to set it up as per
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux/.  This appears to be little
old.  Is this correct?

3. As reported earlier, I have disabled ACPI due to system lock up.  I
can't suspend the system now which was possible with Mandrake 9.1.  If
anybody is interested in helping me debugging the problem, I can provide
sufficient information.

thanks in advance,
--jaimon