Le mar 28/10/2003 à 17:09, Frederic Crozat a écrit :
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:06:28 -0500, magic wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> >     I was just wondering if there was any chance of having the jabberd
> > quickstart included in the jabber rpm (or possibly a seperate one)?
> >
> >     http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/quickstart/
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure this one is needed nor useful for our own package..

I've got a request for jabber package : provide support for logrotate.
Indeed I was unable to start my local jabber server until I understand
that the problem's comes from /var/log/jabber/record.log and
/var/log/jabber/error.log . error.log grow, and grow and then at the end
jabber doesn't want to start as error.log was too big ( more than 7Mo,
maybe kopete related ... ). This limitation comes from xdb component.
So adding a script in /etc/logrotate.d could did the trick and allow to
don't have a jabber server stopping running at all ( this is limit a DoS
against jabber ).
weekly rotations should be enough with 4 copies for record.log, and
rotation when filesize exceed 1M should be enough for error.log :

/var/log/jabber/record.log {
        monthly
        rotate 4
        notifempty
        missingok
}

/var/log/jabber/error.log {
        size=1M
        rotate 4
        notifempty
        missingok
}

---
Laissons les jolies femmes aux hommes sans imagination. Marcel Proust
(1871-1922).