[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Luca Berra) writes:

> On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 01:10:53PM +0100, Florin wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >It's quite funny to see all this energy in a long thread ... without
> >testing the latest version of the package. I'm not saying here that the
> >latest version works for your ... but it works here and in some production
> >sites ...
>
> Florin, I really want to help people out, not disrespecting anybody
> work.
> I'd love if people did not assume I am an idiot unless the opposite is
> proven.

On a contrary, I really appreciate your work ... I'll have a closer look
and sync it with the cooker packages. Thank you. I was simply mentioning
that I have uploaded another nss_ldap package ... since my link was
mentioned.

> Sorry, i did urpmi -s nss_ldap from a current cooker, and i forgot
> something could be found somewhere else.
> anyway i provided a description of the bug and a patch.
>
> could you please add an hdlist to
> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~florin/www/rpms/cooker/ so we can add
> it as an urpmi source.
>
> please tell me:
> which is the correct latest version of the package?
>  http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~florin/www/rpms/ldap/nss_ldap-211-2mdk.src.rpm

this one is now removed, it was only a test ...

> http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~florin/www/rpms/cooker/SRPMS/nss_ldap-211-1mdk.src.rpm
> which seems to be newer
>
> I suppose the latter is.
> I checked against that as well, and since you did not fix the db4 bug
> it is still there.

ok, I'll add your patch.

> If you don't beleive it is a bug please read my mail again, all of it.

ok,

> So i have spent some more energy in providing fixed nss_ldap-211 rpms
> I called them -3mdk to avoid further confusion.
> I also uploaded a newer 207 with fixed buildrequires
>
> I hope someone will consider those worth an errata and that no more
> energy is wasted in squashin a silly bug.

oh, yeah, it will be good to add this in the errata, I agree with you ..

--
Florin                  http://www.mandrakesoft.com
                        http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~florin/