"[joe]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm having problems using auto-setup with a wireless card in managed
> mode.  The problem is that there is no option for setting the
> wireless parameters needed for a pci card.  So harddrake sets things
> up in ad-hoc mode and the card doesn't work.
>
> The work around is to manually put in a WIRELESS_MODE=managed in the
> cfg file in network-scripts but there should be an obvious way of
> doing this with hardware detect.

if a wireless card appear, harddrake offer to run drakconnect which
set WIRELESS_MODE to "Managed" by default.

i guess your module is not listed as a wireless one (aka not in "airo
aironet_cs aironet4500_cs airo_cs airport at76c503 hermes netwave_cs
orinoco_cs prism2_usb orinoco ray_cs usbvnet_rfmd wavelan_cs
wvlan_cs").

what does report "lspcidrake -v" ?