Leon Brooks wrote:

Try this:

rm -vf /var/lib/rpm/__db.00*
rpm --rebuilddb

I'll be happy to, but one of the reasons to post this was to see if anybody wanted a snapshot of the existing files that seem to cause urpmi to recognize that the package is installed but neither urpmf nor rpmdrake to recognize the files included in it, or in the case of rpmdrake, that the package even exists (since it isn't recognized as being either installed or not).

If somebody can tell me which files to copy off to the side for inclusion with a bug report, I'll be happy to move on. If the responsible parties aren't interested, then please just say so, and I'll abandon trying to preserve evidence....