I have this problem since a long time with my menus.
It seems related to FluxBox's menu.
A line is wrong in /etc/menu/menudrakeentry, with title=""

When I delete this line or I put something in title, it works.

In file "/etc/menu/menudrakeentry", at (or in the definition that ends at)
line 17:
[...] package="menu" section="Fluxbox/Styles/" title=""
Missing (or empty) tag: title
This tag needs to defined for the menuentry to make sense.
Note, BTW, that update-menus re-arranges the order of the
tags found in the menu entry files, so that the part above
isn't literal