For those who are running the Linux development kernels, make sure that
you grab the latest kernel drivers from the DRI site
(dri.sourceforge.net). You'll have to pull them in from CVS, but
acceleration won't work unless you do. Hopefully the development kernels
will catch up.

Specifically, you need to grab this directory from CVS:

/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel

Compile it, in that directory, with:

make -f Makefile.linux tdfx.o

The tdfx.o is for Voodoo3 users, choose a different one for other card
types. By the way, the latest appears to use the agpgart stuff finally
and seems to be faster. Ignore the compiler warnings, it seems to be
fine. Put it in the appropriate module location, modprobe it, and
restart X.

See my other email about the missing dri drivers for X and how to get
them. Or redo the SRPM, I don't have the time right now for myself.

John