"bobby dowling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So, do you mean that I can just find the tdfx.o module (where?), insmod or
> modprobe it amd quake 3 will work the way it is supposed to?

under XF4, yes, if your XF86Config-4 has the DRI line.

modprobe the module, start XFree with appropriate log and see in the logs
if you get the message "Direct Rendering Enabled"

See http://dri.sourceforge.net/DRIuserguide.html

> I am sure this is probably not what you meant, but I am hoping.  Can you
> point me in the right direction?

Unfortunately, the tdfx.o module for the moment is not being shipped by
Mandrake.

Some people said it is in the sources for xf4, some others for DRI
(located at sourceforge).

No one has had time to build and package it for mdk, for the moment.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau