On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 02:39:42PM +0200, Jan Matis wrote:

> I have a small question:
> why is the Wu ftp daemonn installed as default ftp daemonn when nearly all
> version have some buffer owerflow ?
> is there any reason why is't the default ProFtpD or another one ?

Can't tell you why, other than maybe wu-ftpd is a "defacto"
standard... or at least used to be.  Personally, I agree with you.  I
think proftpd should be default with wu-ftpd and anonftp in contribs,
or both together being in main so that someone can select at
install-time.  proftpd is much better and much more secure.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721

Current Linux uptime: 9 days 1 hrs and 58 mins.