T Korte wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Jul 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > > What I found was that two files had used most of the space:
> > > /var/log/httpd/error_log   =  43M
> > > /var/log/httpd/ssl_engine_log   =   42M
> >
> > Can you take a look on them and send us an part of the files ?
> >
> I restarted the httpd & zope.  The log files reappeared and started growing
> immediately.

I experienced *exactly* the same problem on a 7.1 (intel) ssl_engine_log and error_log
growing indefinitely, and the root's mailbox filled by
thousands of messages.
I still can't figure out which service/application is the source of the problem.

Enzo

-- Enzo Maggi
   Mandrakesoft  -  http://www.mandrakesoft.com