Hi,

in the past always when I got new RPM's I just made a "rpm -Fv *" from
the location
of the new RPM's to scan for new packages and make the update
after the successful update, the result was displayed.
But now I think since one of the last rpm-3.0-*-updates
I only get a lot of messages like this:

package gnome-core-1.2.1-6mdk  is already installed

-> I never got this befor (when nothing needs to be updated - the result
was a blank line)

I also get a lot of other garbage messages about courious conflicts
but no action takes place !

I know there was a lot changes in rpm
but I don't know if this is a bug ?
or should I specify another cmd (options for rpm) now for update all ?

Thanks for your help
Udo