Hello,

Installed KDE 2 over the weekend, and, I must say, look out Windoze.  IE was
my favourite browser until I saw Konqueror.  Nice innit?

Well, thats it for the bootlicking, now for my issues...

1.  I cannot run simple things like XKill.  Just says it can't run it.  If I
type it in at the command prompt, it works fine.  Likewise with Drakconf.
???

2.  kdesu doesn't kick in.  If something requiring root is run, it just
complains that it can't run it.

3.  After a couple of logins, not only do I have the KDE 2 menu items on the
K Menu (Start menu type thing, u know), but all my KDE 1 menu items appear
too.  And yes, u guessed it, I can't run any of them.

4.  When I install KDE1and2scripts, it makes the relevant changes to the
windowmanagers file, but the changes do not appear on the menu at the login
screen UNTIL I add them in using the login manager.

And last, but not least

5.  After a program error, or hang, and I restart X, all the desktop icons
disappear.  Only after I delete the .kde2 folder from my home dir can I get
them back.  Oh, yeah, one last thing.  Some sites look weird under
Konqueror.  Look at the left and right panes on www.mandrakeuser.org for an
example.  Pay particular attention to the subscription text box on the right
hand side.

Any one got any solutions for the above?  I'd be sooo happy to hear from
you.

It still looks lovely tho.

Thanks

Alex